August 29, 2009
9:15 am: (Listening to: You Make My Dreams by Hall & Oates) Becky and I have 3 apartment meetings today, I can’t wait to go to them and have my own place :) We’ll move out of the slum-like dorms on September 11th once our Intensive Language Program is over. Yesterday morning we had to take these comprehension tests to evaluate our individual levels of understanding French which will affect which classes we can take at the Uni and also how much & the level of difficulty of hw we have for the ILP classes. I definitely bombed it for a number of reasons not necessarily indicative of my ability to understand the language. It’s a good thing it’s not graded and we have a second test at the end of the program to improve on.
Also, I bought The Hobbit in French, it’s called Bilbo Le Hobbit. It has HUGE handwriting.
8:59 pm: 3 apartments down. 2 more to go. I need a place to leave FO reals. The one apartment we absolutely fell in love with single-handedly ruined my night. Ok, maybe not so serious, but it really was perfect in every way. I guess “c’est la vie” would be the appropriate expression for the current situation but that’s just too fitting. We have two more meeting Monday evening and hopefully we’ll be able to land a place. I’m crossing my fingers.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment