Tuesday, September 1, 2009

J'ai un apartement maintenant!!

I am homeless still. The French people in MacDo are super (said with French accent) loud. I have one meeting in a few hours but it would just be for me. There are 2 others from the program who already signed their lease for it, so I would be the third living there. However, Becky and I have a meeting on Thursday with a guy who is hardly at his house and is renting it out to 2 students. It's entirely renovated in a "nouveau" style (as advertised) and it has DSL and a pool.  In addition, each bedroom has its own bathroom. It sounds like a really great offer for just 400 Euro a person, but we still have to see the place and make sure everything checks out..and we're not the last people in line (as it turns out we have been). This whole apartment thing is almost too stressful for my liking.

We also have these meetings regarding our Cartes de Séjours qui sont TRÈS stressés. It's literally like getting your visa all over again. All the same documents, you have to go find the police station and get it done there. It's not my bag, baby.

It thundered so hard today...and rained a little bit. That was nice :) I enjoyed it.

8:47 pm: J’ai un apartement!! I am peeing right now. It’s 330 Euro a month, I get to live with 2 other French students about my age (or so I’m told), 2 twin kids about 12 years old and their mother who wants me to help them improve their English. I am absolutely delighted. I will have WeeFee, my own room, my own bathroom, a kitchen upstairs (très cool), it’s close to Becky and it’s downtown (super cool). It’s very close to the bus, which takes me directly to the tram where I will get on it for school. I am peeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment