If you're just now tuning in and have not yet heard, the dorms were beyond nightmarish. There were cafards, or cockroaches roaming about on every inch of every floor. Not to mention the gypsies that thought our staircase was their personal toilet (and our showers as well). Aussi, the only place to access the Wifi was in a forest which wouldn't have been all bad if there hadn't been pine trees everywhere (which I now realize the extent to which I am allergic to them). All-in-all, it really wasn't that terrible but I am thrilled to be out. I am living in the upstairs of a very nice French home in the center of the city. There are two French girls living upstairs with me as well going to Medical school...or something of pre-Med. I didn't quite understand. One of the girls is from Tahiti! When I told her I lived in Hawaii she wasn't too impressed -- it was the closest thing I knew to Tahiti! In any case they're both super friendly, especially Mathilde (not the Tahitian girl). She asks me lots of questions and is very patient with my horrible French. We got to showing each other pictures of each others family which was nice to reminisce a little bit :).
To wrap things up, I am extremely happy with the results of my apartment search and hope that I can make friends with the girls I live with :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment